Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

message stuck in outbox

Old April 1st 08, 11:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
BobF.

Default message stuck in outbox

Configure Comcast to use SMTP Port 587:

http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/inde...ookieattempt=1
See if that works.
--
Regards, BobF.
"kathy777" wrote in message
I've tried all of what has been suggested here, downloaded the recommended
fix and I still get this error message when trying to send email:
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for
inactivity. Subject ' Duplicate charge ', Account: 'mail.comcast.net',
Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Error
Number: 0x800CCC0F

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Try Microsoft's fix:

"Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a
computer that is running Windows Vista"

That page offers two download options. Unless you know for sure
you have 64-bit Vista, use the 32-bit option.
--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

"mikeskoda" wrote in message
I have a message stuck in my outbox that cannot be moved or deleted.Now
when
I open windows mail it brings up a pop up saying you have one or more
messages in your outbox do not have a valid account specified would you
like
to use your default account to send these messages ?I have to click no
then
its starts send and receive
I have spoken to my ISP provider they cannot help.Help please its very
annoying and its slowing up the e-mail opperation

Old April 2nd 08, 02:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
kathy777

I've downloaded the "fixes" you've recommended but I still get this error
message:
The host 'smtp.comcast.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have
entered the server name correctly.
Subject ' Duplicate charge ', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server:
'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Right-click on the error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
It contains diagnostic information that will help us with troubleshooting.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

"jeff" wrote in message ...
I also have message stuck in my out box.I have downloaded 941090 both the
32bit and the 64bit and when I try to run either one i get a pop-up saying
that the updates does not apply to my system. I also cannot send and receive
mail through windows mail. When i click on the tab to send or receive mail I
get an error message stating that the pop3 server could not be found. I check
the server and it was still there. Any ideas?
--
jefferson newman

Old April 2nd 08, 03:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
kathy777

I moved the 2 emails to the Draft file ok. Problem still exists when trying
to send from Windows Mail.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

After downloading that fix, did you double-click on it so that it runs?
Did it give any response or error message?

Perhaps that fix is not applicable for your problem. Are there a collection
of unsent messages in your Outbox? If so, move them to the Drafts
folder. If one message won't move and can't be deleted, the KB941090
fix should work. If your symptoms are a little different, please describe.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

"kathy777" wrote in message news
I have downloaded the suggested fix, but still get the same error message
even after restarting my computer. I'm very frustrated.

"Simo Pietilä" wrote:

The same problem occurred to me today. I found the solution here. After
installing KB941090 I was able to delete the mail from outbox.

Old April 2nd 08, 03:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
kathy777

I downloaded and it automatically installed the 32 bit version, so no, I
haven't tried the 64 bit version. Is there something else I have to do to
make this download work on my computer?

" wrote:

Did you try installing both the 32-bit version of the KB941090 hotfix
and the 64-bit version? One should refuse to install, but usually not
the other one. Just downloading either of them, without installing them,
doesn't help.

If that doesn't help either, click on the error message and copy it to your
from the previous error messages.

"Simo Pietilä" wrote:

The same problem occurred to me today. I found the solution here. After
installing KB941090 I was able to delete the mail from outbox.

Simo

"DianeG" kirjoitti viestissä
I had the same thing. Said the download was not for my machine . I have
new computer with 32bit Vista on it . Have a mail stuck in my outbox.
Have
dleted all my mail addresses ... reinstalled but still there . Are
there
no
DBX boxes to delete in Vista ... thanks for any help
DianeG

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Veronica, perhaps your issue is a little different. Please describe
the
exact symptoms and include a copy of any error message.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

"Veronica" wrote in message
you seem to have good answers. i tried downloading the 941090 like
you
had
suggested but when i try to open it i get a pop-up saying that the
update
does not apply to my system. any other tricks?

Old April 2nd 08, 03:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
kathy777

I don't understand what that means, sorry. Also, I should tell you that I've
been using Windows Mail for the last 2 months without any trouble - this only
started yesterday. Why the sudden problem?

Old April 2nd 08, 03:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
kathy777

I thought I had it resolved by changing the comcast server thing to 587 but
it's not working now. I am more than a little frustrated at this point.