Vista Banter

-   Email and Windows Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/email-windows-vista/)
-   -   message stuck in outbox (http://www.vistabanter.com/82014-message-stuck-outbox.html)

mikeskoda October 29th 07 10:29 PM

message stuck in outbox

I have a message stuck in my outbox that cannot be moved or deleted.Now when
I open windows mail it brings up a pop up saying you have one or more
messages in your outbox do not have a valid account specified would you like
to use your default account to send these messages ?I have to click no then
its starts send and receive
I have spoken to my ISP provider they cannot help.Help please its very
annoying and its slowing up the e-mail opperation

Michael October 29th 07 11:13 PM

message stuck in outbox

Did you ever get a response to your question here?
I have exactly the same problem in Vista64, and it is making Windows Mail a
real nightmare to use, since I need to check Email every few minutes and then
I have to click on 2 separate dialogs to continue to check mail. Sending mail
anytime requires the same gymnastics.

Michael

Gary VanderMolen October 29th 07 11:49 PM

message stuck in outbox

Try Microsoft's fix:

"Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a
computer that is running Windows Vista"

That page offers two download options. Unless you know for sure
you have 64-bit Vista, use the 32-bit option.
--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

Catherine October 30th 07 02:28 AM

message stuck in outbox

Thanks Gary! I've been looking for a solution for MONTHS!! Yours was the
only actual post that worked. Thank you so much for sharing!

Gary VanderMolen October 30th 07 02:46 AM

message stuck in outbox

Glad to help.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM November 5th 07 03:50 AM

message stuck in outbox

"Lady J" wrote in message
Lady J want to know why can't I send e-mail out?

Good Post:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Getting Your Post Noticed -- and Answered
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/f.../Mar27pmvp.asp
How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com