Uniblue RegistryBooster 2

Old April 3rd 08, 12:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bruce Chambers

Default Uniblue RegistryBooster 2

avoid Uniblue wrote:
I would not recommend any Uni Blue products. I purchased the registry
booster and was sorely disappointed. It did almost nothing for my computer.

They then offered me an "extra" service to help speed my computer up even
more. Then, I heard about "C cleaner."

C cleaner is a free program that cleans all of the junk off of your hard
drive while ...

..... doing absolutely nothing to....

fixing your registry. In addition, it has a quick tool for
deleting programs off of your startup menu (which is key in helping your
computer run faster.)

CCleaner's only real strength, and the only reason anyone should
use it, lies in its usefulness for cleaning up unused temporary files
from the hard drive; in this regard, it works well with Vista and is
completely harmless.

As a registry "cleaner," it's not significantly better or worse
than any other snake oil product of the same type. CCleaner's registry
scanner seems relatively benign, as long as you step through each
detected "issue" one at a time, to determine if it really is an "issue"
or not, and then decide whether or not to let the application "fix" it.
In my testing, though, most (95% or so) of the reported "issues"
aren't issues, at all. I tried the latest version on a brand-new OS
installation with no additional applications installed, and certainly
none installed and then uninstalled, and CCleaner still managed to
"find" over a hundred allegedly orphaned registry entries and dozens of
purportedly "suspicious" files, making it clearly a worthless product,
in this regard. (Not that any registry cleaner can ever be anything but
worthless, as they don't serve any useful purpose, to start with.)

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Old December 4th 08, 02:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
gmailman

"JerzyMarian" wrote:

Hello. What do think about RegistryBooster 2 for VISTA?
--
JerzyMarian

I can not get it to work. Its asks me to remove old version that I never
had?
Old December 4th 08, 02:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Mike Hall - MVP[_3_]

"gmailman" wrote in message

"JerzyMarian" wrote:

Hello. What do think about RegistryBooster 2 for VISTA?
--
JerzyMarian

I can not get it to work. Its asks me to remove old version that I never
had?

Take heed of the omen and do not try to install it again..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Old December 14th 08, 06:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Tony

Stay away from uniblue registrybooster 2!!! I got the not so bright idea to
purchase booster2 and tweaker. After running the scan it found 505 problems,
so i ran the cleanup. BIG mistake! After that, my computer got really stupid.
Evidently it screwed up my drivers. I could not connect to the net for
support. had to look really hard for uniblue support # that ended up being in
Malta that no one would answer! It also screwed up my wireless broadband
connection. so i called verizon support they had me uninstall VZAM ant try to
reinstall using my disc. Good luck with that! The drivers to my cd-rom
drivers are screwed and my drives dont work! Good luck trying to restore
anything using discs. After that i tried using Uniblue to restore what it was
supposed to have removed. Good luck with that too!! Tried to do a system
restore to a restore point before Uniblue. Tried eight different dates back
to Oct. 1, Good luck with that too!! Finally with the help of a tech. from
toast.net I was able to fix my ip problem and connect using dial-up. Then
download VZAM (2.5 Hours) so that i could find a fix for my problems. It has
been three days of wasted time to get this far and I still have problems! MS
Support here I come! What's another $60.00 anyway? P.S I bought a new cd-rom
drive and installed it and the drivers on it wouldn't allow it to run
either!! This was on a XP machine

Old December 14th 08, 06:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
B. Smith

"Tony" wrote in message
[...]

Just the name...Registry Booster...lol.
I guess if you remove all the words from a Word document...it will open
faster.
My next project .... Word Booster!
LOL.

Sorry you got scammed.

A clean install would be my next move.

Old March 18th 10, 08:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Windessy

The best knowledge i can sha
1) do not use registry cleaners or compressors if it's not critical
2) always do backups of registry before you use registry cleaners or
compressors.
3) do not (!) use tweakers in any situation.

i can explain:
registry: MS haven't it's own mechanism to clean or compress registry, so
any tool is made by 3rd party without any guarantee, and without knowledge
how to do this things right.

tweakers: source code of windows is closed, and there is no magician
programmers who can fix MS code without source code. So this tweakers just
switch way of work between "stable" and "unstable", removing some checks, or
smth else. And the worsted thing, is that you couldn't know what this tweaker
really did.
Example: You may launch a tweaker and close it with minor changes, or
without any changes, but upon opening, or applying your little changes,
tweaker will check your registry for some keys, and CREATE some missing keys,
which you leave untouched in tweaks. And God only know, how your system will
react on them, if default meaning of non-existent key was different of
default set by tweaker.
Old March 19th 10, 02:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
webster72n

"Windessy" wrote in message
[...]

I happen to use this program with all three categories, the registry
booster, driver update and system performance.
All three worked perfectly without any negative side effects to the system,
to the contrary, the results were positive, as promised.
After all, it's just a booster, not a tweak, as you say.
I am not trying to put in a plug for them, but what's right is right.
On second thought, it may have something to do with the configuration, but
that's entirely up to the user.

Harry.