can print, but only one copy?

Old November 1st 07, 12:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
brettsmum

Default can print, but only one copy?

Hi Have a new PC with Vista Home Premium. Have installed my HP1200 Laserjet,
and it prints, but if I ask the print window to print more than one copy, or
odd pages only, or any other command for that matter, it just prints out the
one copy. Has anyone seen this before?
Thanks
Chris
Old November 1st 07, 04:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

In article ,
Brettsmum wrote:

Have installed my HP1200 Laserjet,*

Did you let VISTA use the "in the box" driver for the LJ1200 or did you
download the VISTA driver released by HP in July 2007, long after VISTA
was released to manufacture?

I suggest you go to:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...Index.jsp?lang
=en&cc=us&prodNameId=29792&prodTypeId=18972&prodSe riesId=29789&swLang=8
&taskId=135&swEnvOID=2093

[Sorry about the length of that -- if you have difficulty in getting it
to work, try clicking on the last line of it or if that fails
copy/paste all of it into the address bar of your browser. If even that
fails then go to www.hp.com and navigate your way to Downloads, insert
Laserjet 1200 and then select your model and then VISTA.]

You might try the wizard that is linked to with the line the

» Automatically check if your drivers need updating (MS Windows only)

although I have used that myself so I don't know how it works.

Also read what it says under:

» Selecting the Correct Printer Driver

from which I suggest you try the PCL6 UPD first but if you have
problems with any of your applications try the PCL5 one.

NOTE ALSO -- if you are using the USB cable you must install the driver
before you plug the USB cable into the PC.

If you are going to download and install the driver from the HP
website:

1 Unplug the USB cable from the PC

2 Delete any icons for the printer in the printers folder

3 Reboot the PC

4 Choose the Download option and not the Install Now or Run options
and note where it is downloaded to on your PC so you can find it again.

5 After you have downloaded the file, right mouse click on it and
select Run as Administrator and then ENTER and work your way out.

6 Do not plug the USB cable from the printer into the PC until the
installation procedure tells you to or until you reach Finish.

7 Then plug in the cable and follow any instructions you get.

Hope that works for you.