Old May 15th 09, 05:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dan Kap[_2_]

Default Speaker Echo

Ralf, that was it!! The culprit was, as you said, the Realtek HD Audio
Manager | Sound Effects. Don't ask me why, but it had been on "Bathroom" all
along. Changed it to "None," as you'd suggested, and the echo problem went
away immediately. So, thanks again!

Dan

"RalfG" wrote in message
Since you don't have a microphone attached my first guess would be that
you've got one of the custom environment settings enabled in the Realtek
audio driver. The icon might not be enabled in the notification area
but there should be a Realtek applet in Control Panel. Look on the sound
effects tab for the environment selections. The default would be "none",
with several of the optional environments adding noticeable echo to one
degree or another.