Old May 18th 09, 10:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

Default Vista crashing, I need a way to know whats wrong

I totally understand why upgrades from the RC to the RTM will not be
supported and that this it is stated in the following link that they will
not. What I don't understand is why as a MSFT employee you are implying
that they may be.

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Win.../download.aspx

"Timothy Davis [MSFT]" wrote in message
Whoa there cowboy - be careful about what your statement implies.

As a Microsoft employee involved in working with the hardware ecosystem on
Win7 readiness, I have access to far more information than the external
FAQs. Keep in mind that it is far easier to publicly state that upgrades
won't be supported when they really are, vs the opposite situation.

I am not saying that upgrades from RC to RTM *will* be supported - I just
happen to know why upgrade was blocked from pre-RC to the RC build. This
reason does not apply from RC to RTM.

Even worse he is a MSFT employee and not a MVP and was not aware of the
RC1 restrictions that have been posted at many websites.