Old May 19th 09, 02:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Abubakar[_3_]

Default Vista crashing, I need a way to know whats wrong

I totally understand why upgrades from the RC to the RTM will not be

and I seriously doubt that you *totally understand*, having only read the
faq (for heaven's sake)! He just told you that he has access to far more
*technical* information than you or me. While the upgrade may work perfectly
fine but there are like countless tests after which such a thing is decided,
and in this case Microsoft has not allowed it. There may still be some
undocumented switch (on which of course I'm not counting on) which would
allow it.

I can write a lot here but I decided not to. I just hope you learn something
from this post/thread.

...ab

"Curious" wrote in message
I totally understand why upgrades from the RC to the RTM will not be
supported and that this it is stated in the following link that they will
not. What I don't understand is why as a MSFT employee you are implying
that they may be.

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Win.../download.aspx

"Timothy Davis [MSFT]" wrote in message
Whoa there cowboy - be careful about what your statement implies.

As a Microsoft employee involved in working with the hardware ecosystem
on Win7 readiness, I have access to far more information than the
external FAQs. Keep in mind that it is far easier to publicly state that
upgrades won't be supported when they really are, vs the opposite
situation.

I am not saying that upgrades from RC to RTM *will* be supported - I just
happen to know why upgrade was blocked from pre-RC to the RC build. This
reason does not apply from RC to RTM.

Even worse he is a MSFT employee and not a MVP and was not aware of the
RC1 restrictions that have been posted at many websites.