Old May 22nd 09, 09:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
R. C. White

Default how to delete a folder with no name??

Hi, Orhunt.

HOW are you trying to delete that folder?

In a Command Prompt window, Win7 refused to create a folder by that name,
either with the "md" command or with the "ren" command. So I opened Windows
Explorer and created a new folder named "0160" and then renamed the folder
to Alt+0160. The name appeared blank, but WE had no problems with
deleting it. I recreated/renamed a new folder to Alt+0160. In the CP
window, it appeared as a folder with a blank name and I could neither "del"
nor "rd" it using the alt+ 0160 name.

So I used the Dir command with the /x switch to reveal the SFN (Short File
Name) in a column before the LFN. The SFN was 9DEC~1, and I easily deleted
that with "rd 9dec~1".

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

"Orhunt" wrote in message

subratalok;708849 Wrote:
i created a folder with no name by renaming a folder to(alt + 0160)

but after that i m not able to delete , move or rename that
folder......

plzz. suggest how can i delete it?????????

i can open the folder and also others items can be moved or copied into
that folder....

but this no name folder cannot be deleted!!!!!!!!

Hello Friends

I try to delete and folder deleted (alt + 0160) (alt + 255)

Ans Folder deleted by winrar software right click on folder and add to
archive and click the option delete files after archiving Thanks

Visit my website '.::Orhunt.Com::.' (
http://www.orhunt.com)

--
Orhunt