Aero not available, PC is capable

Old September 15th 06, 08:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
jfr

Default Aero not available, PC is capable

Installed RC1, clean install.

I have a HP Pavillion DV2000T. 2.16 Intel Core, 128MB Nvidia Force 7200, 2
GB RAM etc.

In the Appearance and settings i do not have the option for aerio, only
Vista Basic. I have followed the instructions in the Windows Help file....
and the nvidia drivers are up to date. Any suggestions? ( display settings
are 32bit, refresh rate is 60hz, theme is windows vista....) Appearance
settings is were I can't get the aero option.
Old September 15th 06, 11:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Carol Steele

FWIW, same thing on my system under Vista RC1 x64 version.

Graphics card is an EVGA Geforce 7600GT with 256Mb DDR3 RAM
Old September 16th 06, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Carol Steele

Well, I managed to solve it. Right click on the desktop and choose
'Personalize' from the flyout menu, then go to the first set of options
(Windows Color and Appearance). At the botton you will see a hyperlinked
line of text (Open Classic appearance ...... - sorry can't remember the full
text, but that's the gist of it), click on here and in the drop down menu,
the first option is 'Aero'.
Old September 29th 06, 07:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
ChainAustin

You can try the instructions found here-- "How do I get Windows Aero?
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...a2fbf1033.mspx

Old October 26th 06, 09:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Mario Del Angel

I have been having the exact same problem and I finally figured it out.
I have an nVidia GeForce GO 7800 GTX card with 256mb ram. A fully capable
card. I was running it at 1920X1200 res, and no matter what, I had no options
for using Aero.
Out of frustration I swtiched it to 1280X1024 and presto! Aero is now
available and active. I even swtiched back to 1920X1200 and Aero is still
working and configurable. Hope this helps.

Old May 13th 10, 06:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
quaralgo

Possibly a start up sync problem - not an expert.

Try

Going to services (start menu 'run' option type services.msc in the box
- then get through the UAC/permissions stuff.

Find the 'Desktop Window Manager Session Manager' (DWM) in teh first
column - check it is running (or started).

Find the 'themes' - check it is running.

Then stop the THEMES and stop the DWM - right/context click and select
stop.

Restart by right click select start, THEMES then DWM. Check they are
both started and that AUTOMATIC is selected as the startup type.

If you had lost aero after an update (getting more frequent) then it
should just re-appear. Otherwise go to PERSONALIZE (right click on
desktop it's in the menu) select the 'Window Colour and Appearance' and
select the AERO option. The AERO may already be active - it has an
option to chose classic appearance properties where AERO or others can
be selected (some coloured boxes and options for transparencey).

Select THEMES and save this as myTheme etc.

Pleas leave useful feedback on this working or not. And if yo are an
expert please expand

--
quaralgo
quaralgo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/219943.htm