Old June 5th 09, 04:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kezgwarn

Default Error message display driver igfx stopped responding

For those using HP/Compaq notebooks with 965 Express chipset

After days of searching the net trying to find a solution for this
horrible problem I came to a conclusion, no one had a definate answer,
some of the "solutions" which I've seen either did nothing or made it
worse for my particular setup.

One thing which had made my system worse was removing one the RAM
sticks, but this also lead to my solution, so unfortuntley if you only
process one stick of RAM in your system then I am not positive that this
shall work.

1, remove the B side RAM stick from your system and reboot

2, On start up you shall be greeted by the configuration change, this
is showing that your laptop has recgonised the change in system memory.

3, Press F1 prompting that you accept the changes, this will start up
your system as normal.

3, As soon as its got back to the GUI shut down your computer once
again.

4, Replace the RAM which you removed earlier and reboot.

5, Once again your system will recongise the change in system memory,
this time though you want to press F10, prompting you wish to change
system setting

6, You should now see your normal system setup, scroll down to restore
system defaults, save changes and exit, this will boot up your system as
normal.

This is the solution for all HP/Compaq users with the 965 Express
chipset, also if your problem is while playing WOW then also change your
game resolution to match your computers, lower the graphics parameters
and I also found it ran better in Windowed Mode.

Disclaimer - I am but a messanger, if you have no prior experience in
removing RAM and using system setup then do not attempt this procedure,
phone a friend or something. I take no responsibility for your actions
or the damage which you cause your computer! You have been warned!

--
Kezgwarn
Kezgwarn's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/103648.htm

http://forums.techarena.in