Vista Sucks!!!!!

Old November 6th 07, 06:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Harmony

Default Vista Sucks!!!!!

I bought Epson stylus printer DX6000 and vindows vista can not recogniza the
printer . i used the laest updates of the printer driver and I updated the
windows also BUT WITHOUT ANYBENEFIT!!!!.
i have windows vista home edition 32 bit which is the worst.(I think)
God Please. windows XP the best.
Old November 6th 07, 06:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
SF Bay'er

Default Maybe it's Epson that sucks!

Did Epson say that the printer was compatible with Vista? If yes, then how
do you know that it isn't Epson that sucks?
Tom

Old November 6th 07, 07:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
SF Bay'er

Default User Error????

I just looked on the Epson website, it did not list Vista as an approved
operating system for the DX6000. Did you happen to notice that when you
bought the printer?
Tom

Old November 7th 07, 06:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Tom ferguson

You do not say where you got the driver. There is a Vista driver here-
http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Fil...auQ1v&id=31780

Be sure not to connect the printer until directed to do so in the
instructions or on-screen prompts.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

Old November 8th 07, 04:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Mills Architect

I hope that the solution mentioned below works. If so, let folks know.
Don't just gripe if something's not working. Seems folks are quick with
complaints about Vista or Microsoft (MS), but really, really slow to mention
solutions working or things working in general. Guess it's fashionable to
knock MS but not to praise for providiing a product that generally works
pretty well.
--
Donald Mills

Old July 21st 08, 08:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
macker77

Hi,

I also get the same issue with the DX6000 printer not being recognised
by Windows Vista Home edition. When I install the driver from the link
above the printer works fine for that session of vista but when I reboot
the PC with a new session of vista, it does not recognise the printer
again. Can anyone help??

Thanks

--
macker77
Old July 21st 08, 10:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Larry[_7_]

Just a guess, but have you tried installing the driver as administrator?
Vista seems odd that way.

Old August 25th 08, 02:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Jesse

All of Microsoft sucks, I only used a pc for Access. Fu@k Windows, GO MAC!!!