Can't Get HP Printer 7350 seris to work with Vista

Old November 7th 07, 08:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Monty Meyer

Default Can't Get HP Printer 7350 seris to work with Vista

Help Please Someone!

Every time I try and install my HP Photo smart 73500 printer on my PC with
Vista Home Basic it shows that it has added my printer but only will print
what I tried to print during the last attempt to download the software to
the printer. After which it shows "Error" and won't print anymore.

I have installed and uninstalled several times and nothing works. All the
patches I see are for networking printers.
I don't want to network, I just want my HP 7350 Printer to work with my new
PC / Vista.
Can someone help? Is there a particular inexpensive printer that works with
Vista?

Thanks,

Monty Meyer

--
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

Listen to the World's Only Recovery Talk & Music Station Broadcasting 24 / 7
Tune In at www.Take12Radio.com

Old November 8th 07, 03:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Tom ferguson

Detach the printer from the computer be unplugging the USB cable. Delete
the drivers. Restart the computer from power-off. When it has started,
install the software.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...cc=us&y=6&x=13

Do not connect the printer until told to do so in the installation
instructions or the on-screen prompts. Let us know.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

Old November 8th 07, 08:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

See:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=72886&lang=en
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

Old November 10th 07, 04:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Monty Meyer

Thanks All.

I tried what was suggested and it became so frustrating that I went out and
got a 50.00 HP DeskJet D4260 that has the Vista compatible sticker on the
box. It worked and I was out of ink anyway, so getting the printer cost
less than the ink. Staples had a special running as well. Buy the printer
(which had temporary in cartridges anyway) and receive a set of color and
black cartridges. I couldn't have got a better deal if I wanted to.
The only problem I have had so far with Vista was with the printer and now
sometimes when I click on a web site it bring it up twice. Other than that,
not to bad, kind of like all the whistles and bells, and I only have Vista
Basic. So I can't complain, well not yet anyway.
Thanks Again
~Monty