Old June 14th 09, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
harsha[_2_]

Default dvd 's not recognized but CD can.why? urgent. serious problem.

Peter Foldes;1065295 Wrote:
See the following and implement
'When you insert a CD or a DVD, Windows Vista may not recognize the
disc' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939052/en-us)
--
Peter

"harsha" wrote in message

im facing a new problem, that my dvd writer cant recognize DVD"S and

it
is saying that "Insert Disk in the Drive", that too after 10 - 15

min.
if i click on the cd/dvd drive it is hanging up.

only the dvd's, that too all kinds of dvd's have the same thing

and each and every CD , all kinds from movies to games and softwares,
all are reading and writing.

why? please help me in this.its urgent.this problem is just from
yesterday morning.
mine is a HP notebook and slimtype sony dvd writer with lightscribe.

--
harsha

i said that some are recognized( some cd's) and no dvd.
anyway i checked all are enabled already.
thanks.

--
harsha