Old June 16th 09, 05:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
batts

Default SB X-Fi wont pick up mics with vista

Hi guys.

I think I have a similar problem to Brad and would love some help. Its
a bit diff however.
I got the card and installed it. it seemed fine the sound is good but
theres one problem! The mic on the fatality headset wont work! Its in
the right port. I have tried reinstalling the card. Updating latest
drivers but cant help but feel that I am missing a driver specific to
the issue. The mic is fine its been tested.

In CP-sound-recording I have 4 diff options for the SB x-FI
they are
microphone FP and its status is not plugged in
line in it works but I disabled trying to get the mic working
digi in which is disabled but works
"what you hear" which i disabled also!

I cannot change the status of not plugged in in the mic so Im led to
believe there is a prob with vista picking up mic inputs with this sound
card.

CAn anyone please help cause altho I can send this card back Id rather
not.

SPEC

Dual core 2.4 ghz intel
4gig ram