Old June 17th 09, 03:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
GTS

Default Upgrading motherboard in Vista

Unless the new motherboard has the same or a very similar processor and chip
set Vista probably won't boot. In XP the solution was am 'in-place repair'
reinstallation. Vista does not have this option. You can boot your Vista
DVD and try running an upgrade install. If that fails, a clean
reinstallation will be necessary.
The inability to do a true repair reinstallation a very regrettable loss
with Vista.
--

"Kevin Ellison" wrote in message
Is there anything I need to do before upgrading my Motherboard in Windows
Vista?

I know it used to be a pain in the butt in XP. I have a fully licensed
copy of Vista (meaning not OEM).

Any information will be greatly appreciated. The upgrade will be happening
this upcoming weekend.

Thanks!