Old June 17th 09, 09:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tae Song

Default Upgrading motherboard in Vista

"Kevin Ellison" wrote in message
Is there anything I need to do before upgrading my Motherboard in Windows
Vista?

I know it used to be a pain in the butt in XP. I have a fully licensed
copy of Vista (meaning not OEM).

Any information will be greatly appreciated. The upgrade will be happening
this upcoming weekend.

Thanks!

You will probably be asked to reactivate Vista after swapping motherboards,
so be sure you have the product key handy.

From my combined experience with Windows XP and Vista and swapping various
motherboards. The only problem I ever came across was swapping a
motherboard with Intel chipset with an AMD processor motherboard using
Nvidia chipset. But even then, I think I might have something costumized.