Drivers for Toshiba e-Studio45 GA-1040 PCL PrinterBoard 1.3

Old November 9th 07, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Guest

Default Drivers for Toshiba e-Studio45 GA-1040 PCL PrinterBoard 1.3

I have been unable to find x86 Vista drivers for this
photocopier/printer. I attempted to load the XP driver
ga1040-v13c-wxp-pcl.exe from
http://copiers.toshiba.com/support/c.../ga-1040.shtml but this failed
to install on Vista, with an error message "Unable to install printer.
Operation could not be completed (error 0x000003eb)." This occurs when
choosing these printers from the setup options:
TOSHIBA e-STUDIO28-45 srs-PCL6EU
TOSHIBA e-STUDIO28-45 srs-PCL6UC
The third option, TOSHIBA e-STUDIO28-45 GL-PSL3 installs to Vista without an
error message but cannot be used to print, since the printer does not have
the Postscript module installed.

Using the Windows Update option does get additional Toshiba e-STUDIO
models, but the e-STUDIO45 is not listed.

I did find the printer on the Windows XP HCL at
http://winqual.microsoft.com/downloa...inXPHCLx86.txt
"TOSHIBA e-STUDIO45 Series / GA1040 (PCL6)
WLP 2.0" but I have no idea if WLP 2.0 drivers should work in Vista.

I have also reviewed these resources
"Printer Installation in Windows Vista"
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/xps/pkginstall.mspx
"Print Driver Compatibility with Windows Vista"
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/xps/drv-compat.mspx

and tried to install the driver by running "pnputil.exe -a oemsetup.inf".
That loads the driver on the local computer, but does not solve the error
message 0x000003eb.

Lastly I attempted to call Toshiba at the number listed on the driver
webpage 1-800-GO-TOSHIBA (1-800-468-674 4) option 1 for
photocopiers/printers is only a dealer locator service, no tech support
available!

I welcome any suggestions on how to get this printer to work under
Vista, and I will also need x64 drivers in the near future to support
printing from our two servers running Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server
2003.

Old November 9th 07, 07:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Guest

Three other points, this Vista test computer is not part of a domain,
and I am connecting to the printer via LPT1 for the tests, and UAC is
enabled.

Old November 12th 07, 02:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, it appears that this is a third-party software related
issue so that I suggest you contact the manufacturer of printer to see if
there is any more information about this driver for Windows Vista.

I appreciate your cooperation and understanding!

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security http://www.microsoft.com/security

Old December 18th 07, 12:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Michael

Hi !

Try using the Samsung ML-3050 Series PCL6 driver.
It worked for me. Onlz problem I have now is with A3 prints.

Greetings

Michael

Old December 20th 07, 02:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
[email protected]

I was able to get the estudio 45 to work selecting the HP LaserJet 5si
drivers that come included with Vista.