Old June 30th 09, 02:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
gllund[_2_]

Default Lexmark driver won't install scanner driver

It is one driver download but it seems that it won't download the scanner
portion because everything works on the printer like copy, photo and text
from the computer. I've tried to download without antivirus and without
firewall but still no luck. This is my second all in one with the same
problem. I thought it might be the software but they both will not let me
scan.
Thanks
Gord

"Curious" wrote:

Do I understand you correctly that there are two drivers for your all in
printer, one for all functions but the scanner function and another driver
for the scanner functions?
Or is the "scanner driver" you refer to actually scanner application
software?
If you are able to download one and not the other then you possibly have
antivirus software that is blocking the second download.