Old June 30th 09, 04:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
gllund[_2_]

Default Lexmark driver won't install scanner driver

I've tried to download them from the CD and also the internet. These are
Vista drivers. The tech tried everything thru remote connection. Spend many
hours doing all sorts of tricks but to avail. In Device Manager there is a
yellow warning that the drivers are not installed properly. I tried to
Update drivers from there but get a message that drivers didn't install
properly. I also downloaded a old webcam with new drivers and worked fine
but there are other drivers that I tried to update from there and get the
same error message.

"Curious" wrote:

Are you download the Driver(s) in to a folder your PC and then installing
them or are you trying to install them directly from the internet?
What is the actual message you get when the failure occurs?
If you download them into a file on your PC and run the install from the PC
have you tried running the install in XP compatibility mode?