Old July 3rd 09, 09:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Paul Calcagno

Default Uninstalling Finale 2002

Thanks. I'll try it and see if it works. Then I'll probably try to
re-install the program to see how stable it is.................Paul C.

"Ǝиçεl" wrote in message
news
Give a try

http://www.revouninstaller.com/
-=-

"Paul Calcagno" wrote:

I'm running Windows Vista, SP2 with 2 GB of RAM. All WU's are current.
On June 23 I foolishly installed (from a pirated CD) a copy of Finale
2002
Music notation program. While the program does seem to work, I'm now
having
problems with this program either freezing itself (requiring a hard
shutdown), freezing Windows or my computer freezing when other apps are
open, like Firefox. Finale 2002 was obviously created for OS's prior to
Vista.
I'd like to uninstall this program but selecting it on Add/Remove and
trying
to uninstall it gives the following error message: "An error occurred
while
trying to uninstall Finale 2002. It may have been already uninstalled.
Would
you like to remove Finale 2002 from the Programs and Features List". I've
been selecting `No'. The `uninstaller' file that comes with Finale 2002
does nothing when invoked.

Since I created a Restore point prior to installing Finale 2002 on June
23,
I tried to restore the computer but at this point I can no longer view
that
point. It won't show on the list of restore points, even if I show
restore
points older than 5 days. Has that restore point been permanently
deleted?
If so, is there a way to restore the computer to some date prior to June
23rd.
Or perhaps there's a program I can download that will correctly uninstall
Finale 2002. I looked on the internet but to no avail.
I thought about just re-installing the program again but am afraid of
screwing up my Registry.