Old July 3rd 09, 04:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
PvdG42

Default Uninstalling Finale 2002

"Paul Calcagno" wrote in message
I'm running Windows Vista, SP2 with 2 GB of RAM. All WU's are current.
On June 23 I foolishly installed (from a pirated CD) a copy of Finale 2002
Music notation program. While the program does seem to work, I'm now
having problems with this program either freezing itself (requiring a hard
shutdown), freezing Windows or my computer freezing when other apps are
open, like Firefox. Finale 2002 was obviously created for OS's prior to
Vista.
I'd like to uninstall this program but selecting it on Add/Remove and
trying to uninstall it gives the following error message: "An error
occurred while trying to uninstall Finale 2002. It may have been already
uninstalled. Would you like to remove Finale 2002 from the Programs and
Features List". I've been selecting `No'. The `uninstaller' file that
comes with Finale 2002 does nothing when invoked.

Since I created a Restore point prior to installing Finale 2002 on June
23, I tried to restore the computer but at this point I can no longer view
that point. It won't show on the list of restore points, even if I show
restore points older than 5 days. Has that restore point been permanently
deleted? If so, is there a way to restore the computer to some date prior
to June 23rd.
Or perhaps there's a program I can download that will correctly uninstall
Finale 2002. I looked on the internet but to no avail.
I thought about just re-installing the program again but am afraid of
screwing up my Registry.

What does your AV/Anti-malware (up to date, of course) have to say when you
run *complete* scans in safe mode?