Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Lock Wallpaper

Old November 11th 07, 02:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Mataloski

Default Lock Wallpaper

Other people use my computer and change my wallpaper. Just want to know if
there is a way to password lock my wallpaper so only I can change it.

Thanks
Old November 11th 07, 05:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Mataloski

Do these other people have their own user accounts or are they using your
account? Wallpaper settings are specific for each user and not global.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Old November 11th 07, 05:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Mataloski

They go on my account. But I dont want to password protect my account just my
desktop wallpaper. I know they used to be able to do it at school for xp but
I dont know about vista.

Old November 12th 07, 01:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Mataloski

If others are able to log on to the computer with your administrator
account, there is nothing you can do that they would not be able to undo?
They could even set a password for the account that would effectively lock
you out of the PC!
This is a very bad practice, especially with users who are doing things that
you don't approve.
--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Old November 12th 07, 03:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
[email protected]

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 19:26:00 -0800, Mataloski
wrote:

Other people use my computer and change my wallpaper. Just want to know if
there is a way to password lock my wallpaper so only I can change it.

Thanks

It's better if every user has his own computer.
Old April 6th 10, 11:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
JustaBloodyScot

I have the same Issue I want to password protect my wallpaper NOT lock
my whole computer. I wish people would get over it and say I don't have
an answer instead of telling me something wrong. I don't want to lock my
computer My son is 9 and just wants to be like daddy and put a wall
paper up, so I should lock my wife and kids out of the computer right?
Now see why that answer dosent work people,so if anyone knows how to
lock my wallpaper only, please post.

--
JustaBloodyScot

Old April 7th 10, 02:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Brink

Hello Scot,

Sorry, but you cannot just password the wallpaper. Only the user
account. Of course you could create a separate standard user account for
your son so that it doesn't matter what he changes the wallpaper to, and
you do not have to worry about him being able to make changes that
affect the whole computer.

If you like for an alternative, you could use the STEP TWO section in
both METHOD ONE and METHOD TWO in the tutorial below to prevent the
wallpaper from being changed.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...nt-change.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

JustaBloodyScot;1251201 Wrote:
I have the same Issue I want to password protect my wallpaper NOT lock
my whole computer. I wish people would get over it and say I don't have
an answer instead of telling me something wrong. I don't want to lock my
computer My son is 9 and just wants to be like daddy and put a wall
paper up, so I should lock my wife and kids out of the computer right?
Now see why that answer dosent work people,so if anyone knows how to
lock my wallpaper only, please post.

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience 2009 - 2010*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) - '*Windows
Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)