Old July 5th 09, 10:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
McConnor

Default 5.1 speakers on laptop (toshiba satellite x200) reading as stereo

Hello alltogether,

The thread is old but still: I have the exact same laptop and problem.
In Vista "Sound" properties only "Stereo" ist shown so that the
integrated Subwoofer remains silent! I have the feeling the Sub only
works in the drivers that shipped with the system. But this driver has
other shortcomings (crackeling sound) so using this one is not a really
good option. I understand that the Sounddriver from Realtek (using the
2.27 at the moment) can be customized by e.g. Toshiba. Supposedly the
speaker setup can somehow hacked in some kind of registry key or ini for
the driver. Any suggestions on this - how can we get the speakers to
work.

Greetings....

--
McConnor