Old July 8th 09, 01:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
gimili2

Default Error message display driver igfx stopped responding

Hello,

Same issue with Compaq Presario V2000 with Intel Celeron Processor
clocked to 1.4 GHZ. But I don't get the message whilst playing WOW but
durning games such as Frets on Fire and Ocular Ink. Yet My message says
something to this effect:

"The Ialmrt5 (refers to display drivers note) drivers has stopped
responding. Please save your work and reboot and you will be prompted by
a message that you can send to Microsoft."

Also 2 times did I see the blue screen of death, but I could not read
what was causing it before it rebooted my system. Is it hardware issues
or is it just software (driver) related issues? The Blue screen of death
is only recent (post reformat).

I run the default os which is Win XP Home with SP2. I even reformatted
the whole entire drive and am still coming up with this error later on.

Thanks

Vernon VonHinkelschmidt

--
gimili2