Old July 17th 09, 02:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Bruce Chambers

Default How to get Vista to use more memory?

araibob wrote:
All,

I have Vista Ultimate x64 Extreme, with 8 GB of memory, Q9300, and 2
velociraptors. I do NOT overclock, but would like Vista to use more of
the memory.

Typical load usage of memory is 2GB - about 25% of my total memory
Maximum use of memory was 3GB -

I would rather have Vista use memory than to use swap file. How can I
get this done?

Run more memory intensive applications. The OS automatically uses all
of the memory it needs. If you're not doing advanced 3D modeling, or
high-end video editing, you've likely no need for that much RAM.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.