Old July 17th 09, 04:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
araibob

Default How to get Vista to use more memory?

Sorry, 'page file'. I use "swap file" and "page file" interchangeably.
Old O S programmer Slang is still slang. I don't have specific
'knowledge that the swap file is in use, however, The Performance tab in
Windows Task manager has these values that make me think so.

Total Physical Memory (MB)
Total 8190
Cached 6712 using the page file?
Free 28

Page File 2300M / 16565M using the page file?

Kernel Memory (MB)
Total 382
Paged 294 using the page file?
NonPaged 87

I have also seen threads on this topic (some time ago) and they noted
that even when there is lots of memory MS insists on writing things to
the page file.

Regards, AraiBob

--
araibob