Old July 17th 09, 01:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Chuck[_2_]

Default Printer sharing Vista

"The print processor does not exist."
This message usually occurs when part of the printer driver package is
missing, corrupt, or in a very few cases, mismatched.
It can also be that the driver package assumes that the print processor is
already installed, due to registry entries.
In a very few cases, if the printer has emulation capability, installing the
drivers for the emulated printer fixes the problem.

It can also occur when an OEM specific version of windows was shipped
with/on the P/C, and the OEM's build left something out that is supplied
with the more generic builds. This happened with a P/C desktop I serviced
that was built and sold with an OEM build that was based upon a Vista
version that was prior to the retail release version. Seems that the updates
did not catch the problem. Since the printer make and model was not sold by
the P/C OEM, it wasn't too surprising.

"sjpsj" wrote in message

I followed the procedure you recommended. But at the end it didn't
work. I got the message: "Unable to install printer. The print
processor does not exist."
Any ideas how to proceed? Thanks.

--
sjpsj