Old July 17th 09, 08:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
araibob

Default How to get Vista to use more memory?

Sirs,

I just noticed that under my ID it says, Newby. I am a newby to this
site, but I have been programming professionally since Feb 1970. I have
been an O S programmer, a D B A, and a whole host of other jobs in my 37
years. I have used more than 30 programming languages (After assembly
all other languages are so so easy). I retired in 2007.

I built my newest PC in Nov 2008, and put 8GB memory so that it would
NEVER have to swap / page program or data. I also installed Vista
Ultimate (first time to use Vista). I had the notion that Vista was a
'real' OS and that I could set parameters that would manage this kind of
thing. I just don't know the RegEdit places to do such settings.

I have seen recent emails and articles stating that such an option does
exist. In fact, on page 33 of the July 2009 issue of Maximum PC notes
the product TweakVI from TotalIdea has exactly this setting. What and
where is this setting? What are the correct values?

Regards, AraiBob aka AwryBob aka ArayBob

--
araibob