Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

This could indicate a lack of memory on your system - any answers?

Old January 14th 08, 02:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
nargis

Default This could indicate a lack of memory on your system - any answ

"aj" wrote:

no it was not helpful it did not give me a solution how do i fix it

"dk" wrote:

"Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server due to non-network errors."

dk

Old January 14th 08, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Guest

"dk" wrote:

"Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server due to non-network
errors."

dk

What if any antivirus programs do you have? Some of them cause assorted
problems in Windows Mail, although seldom immediately.

If the problem is caused by an antivirus program, this fix often takes care
of it for a while. Download and install it with Windows Mail not running.

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in
other folders and sometimes for problems reporting not enough memory.
If you don't know whether to use the 32-bit version or the 64-bit
version, try the 32-bit version first.

Also, are you showing us the complete error message? If you need
to ask again, be sure you show it.

Also, how much memory does your computer have?

Old February 7th 08, 12:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Dubby49

I tried that but it still doesn't work.

"jenmarie" wrote:

I got the same message when trying to set up gmail. I found advice that
said, o not check the box that says log on using secure password
authentication," and when I unchecked the box everything worked fine.

--
jenmarie

Old February 7th 08, 02:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Guest

"jenmarie" wrote:

I got the same message when trying to set up gmail. I found advice that
said, o not check the box that says log on using secure password
authentication," and when I unchecked the box everything worked fine.

--
jenmarie

Are you trying Gmail too? If so, you may want to read their instructions.

http://email.about.com/od/windowsmai..._get_gmail.htm

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=13273

These instructions cover both the IMAP and the POP methods of
connecting. Choose one of these, and don't get them mixed up.

Old March 10th 08, 10:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
ulhassaan

email server is google.com

"dk" wrote:

"Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server due to non-network
errors."

dk

You might get an answer faster is you tell us who your email provider is.
They are probably also your internet provider.

Old March 10th 08, 11:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
ulhassaan

Default This could indicate a lack of memory on your system - any answers?

123GB memory is available on the system

Old March 10th 08, 02:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Guest

google.com or gmail.com? If gmail.com, see he

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=77696

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/setting-up-gmail-imap-support-for-windows-vista-mail/

I haven't seen anything indicating that google.com can be used as an
email server.

"ulhassaan" wrote in message
news

email server is google.com

Old March 11th 08, 12:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
ulhassaan

I HAVE 123GB EMPTY MEMORY IN THE COMPUTER.FURTHER I DONT KNOW WHY IMAP
COMMAND COULD NOT BE SENT TO THE SERVER.I HAVE ENTERED THE CORRECT
INFORMATION AS PER GMAIL SETTINGS SHOWN BY THM IN THEIR HELP SECTION.CAN ANY
ONE HELP ME OUT TO GET THE WEB MAIL WORKING ON MY COMPUTER.ITS VISTA PREMIUM
HOME WINDOWS ON MY COMPUTER

Old March 11th 08, 01:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Guest

"dk" wrote:

"Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server due to non-network
errors."

dk

If you want to be treated as shouting and therefore receive fewer answers,
post in
ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.

Old March 11th 08, 02:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
ulhassaan

Pl advise the action I should take to send the imap command to server and
what can be the non network errors and how should I rectify them