Can't Print multiple copies

Old November 16th 07, 05:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
DeAnn in No. California

Default Can't Print multiple copies

When I try to print more than one copy of a flyer with 4 photos on it, the
printer is only printing out one. This is only a problem on my Vista laptop.
My XP laptop prints them fine. Also, on my Vista laptop, if I only have 2
photos on the flyer it prints more than one copy but as soon as I add the
third one, it will only print one copy when I ask it to print 5. This was not
a problem a month ago, just all of a sudden it's not working right. Thanks in
advance for any help! - DeAnn in No. California.
Old November 16th 07, 07:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

Make and exact model of printer would help.

Old November 17th 07, 04:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
DeAnn in No. California[_2_]

I don't understand what you mean. How do I make an exact model of printer?

Old November 17th 07, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Dave

He meant tell us what printer are you using?
What model?

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Old November 17th 07, 04:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cal Bear '66

He means you need to provide the exact make (manufacturer) and model number of
the printer.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old November 17th 07, 05:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

See the other replies.

For example my printers are HP Laserjet 2200d and HP Photosmart 8250

Old November 20th 07, 05:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
DeAnn in No. California[_2_]

Thanks! It's an HP Laserjet 2600n.

Old November 20th 07, 07:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

Did you just plug the printer into a VISTA machine and let VISTA
install drivers?

Or did you get the VISTA full softwa

North America/Western Europe Full Software Solution 4.0
26 Jul 2007 278.1 56K: 8h
512K: 1h

If not download that from the HP webpage for your printer:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...Index.jsp?lang
=en&cc=us&prodNameId=446154&prodTypeId=18972&prodS eriesId=446153&swLang
=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=2093

If tht URL does not work for you, copy/paste it into your browser or go
to www.hp.com / Software and downloads / laserjet 2600n and then VISTA.

While you are there I would download the firmware fix and anything else
that relates to your printer and VISTA.

The important thing will be to unplug the USB cable from the printer to
the PC (if that is what you are using and not the network option)
uninstall the printer and install the new HP software without
connecting the printer until either the installation software tells you
to or you reach Finish. Then when you connect the printer, VISTA should
install it with the HP software instead of what is in with VISTA.

But bring us uptodate first including how your printer is connected to
the VISTA machine.

Old November 23rd 07, 09:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
hm2

Did you see my replies above where I explained that I had a similar problem
with my canon printer and by updating the printer driver to be compatible
with Vista Home Premium and checking the COLLATE box in the print dialog box
after selecting my desire for multiple copies, I was able to print multiples
from the MS Works word processer.

Old November 23rd 07, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
hm2

I tried to reply to DeAnn, but the email was returned. Anyway I had a post
earlier a problem with printing multiple copies from the MS Works 8.5 to
a Canon PIXMA MP 160 in VISTA. After updating the printer driver correctly,
i.e., disconnect USB and power to printer before downloading and
reconnecting when directed, I still had the problem, but found that if I
checked the COLLATE box in the Print dialog Box after selecting the number
of copies wanted, I was able to print multiple copies from Word. Hope that
this helps many.
.. .