Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)

Old November 23rd 07, 04:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TwoBitMatt[_5_]

Default Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941600

It doesn't say anything about fixing the code 12 bug, and it hasn't,
but see if that helps you at all...

--
TwoBitMatt
TwoBitMatt's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35517

http://forums.techarena.in

Old November 23rd 07, 04:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TTopJohnson[_3_]

Thanks for the update, but I've tried that already and I get a message
saying that it does not apply to my system. Got the correct 32 bit one
too.

This is bad because this problem does not seem to affect that many
users, which means it might take forever to get a patch.

--
TTopJohnson
TTopJohnson's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35479

Old November 23rd 07, 07:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Elliott

I went to Device Manager and clicked on Check for Solutions. After I clicked
on Check Online, I received a prompt to send additional information. This
occurs only on the USB driver, not on the PCI driver. I suspect MS is finally
looking at this.

Suggest everyone do the same.

"akagiredsun1" wrote:

I'm suddenly having USB device issues, and upon closer examination, my
OpenHCD USB controller is now giving me a Code 12 (This device cannot find
enough free resources that it can use.)

The only major updates I've had recently was the last Windows Update. I've
tried removing the offender, and all my USB controllers and reinstalling
them, but it comes back with the same error.

I have the following as USB Controllers:
- Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
- Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)
- USB Mass Storage Device
- USB Root Hub

Any suggestions on how I can take care of this?

Old November 23rd 07, 12:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
charsi[_3_]

hey guys i found this reply on the following website

http://tinyurl.com/3cvrp3

"Netman66:
Open the properties of the device with the exclamation point on it in
device manager.
On the Resources tab you can uncheck the box for use automatic settings
the select the Change settings button.

Assign it an IRQ and IO that isn't in conflict. Use caution with the
IO - you need to figure out what it wants to use on a machine running a
downlevel OS that doesn't have the issue.

11.17.2007 at 01:02AM PST, ID: 20303762
"
so i tried to follow wat he said .... but i dont get the option of
"automatic settings"

any tips ?

--
charsi
charsi's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35436

Old November 23rd 07, 05:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Elliott

Sounds like Windows 98 or XP.

My suggestion is that we submit the additional information to MS.

Also, we can list what we have on our systems and see if there is something
in common. We can all post the first page of System Information as a start.

Here's mine:

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name SERVER
System Manufacturer GBT___
System Model NVDAACPI
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+, 2400 Mhz, 2
Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F4, 12/28/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16386"
User Name Server\elwoodpc
Time Zone Central Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 2,046.94 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.03 GB
Total Virtual Memory 4.21 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.99 GB
Page File Space 2.29 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

As additional information, MB is SLI-5 Gigabyte with Nvidia Chipset and
running EV3A GeForce 7900 video card. Nvidia & Gigabyte SATA running Raid 5.

Old November 23rd 07, 06:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
khoult

I had the same problem as well after installing the updates. The lsit of
things that broke:

1) OPENHCD resouce conflict
2) IDE controller resounrce conflict
3) It decided that enough changes had occurred, that it deactivated Vista. I
had to call the phone number to re-activate again.

the OPENHCD only seems to affect USB 1.1 devices connected straight to your
PC. All my USB2.0 devices still work fine. Also, the USB 1.1 devices WILL
work if you plugh in via a USB 2.0 hub (my monitor has one built in). By
doing that I can still use my USB mouse & keyboard.

I've been loking all over for help with this, and found nothing on what
Vista thinks the conflict actually is, or how to resolve it.

Old November 24th 07, 10:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TwoBitMatt[_6_]

Sorry, this is just a list I compiled forever ago of my PC specs, so
apologies for the dashes.

- Thermaltake 700w Modular SLI-PSU
- Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus 755
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.6ghz w/ Zalman Fatal1ty FS-C77 HSF
- BFG-Tech GeForce 8800 GTS-OC2E
- 3GB of Corsair XMS DDR2-800 PC-6400 RAM
- 320gb WD 7200rpm SATA3 HDD
- 250gb Maxtor 7200rpm SATA3 HDD
- Area-51 Mk II Case w/5 Fans
- Logitech Z-680 5.1 500w Speakers
- Logitech G7 Wireless Laser Gaming Mouse
- Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard / Mini-LCD

Oddly enough, my G7 and G15 are both USB 2.0, but they won't work -
while my USB 2.0 xHDD and Wireless adapter both work. Eh?

Also, no go on the resources tab for me either - seems that Vista, even
'Ultimate' doesn't give the user this kind of nitty gritty access.

Old November 24th 07, 01:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
randy brander

Default Standard OpenHcd usb controller (Code 12)

I have an Nvidia P5nsli mainboard with xp home and vista premium installed on two different hard drives.
The XP has no problem but the Vista has the error code. I am waiting for a reply from Microsoft Techs and Nvidia Techs to answer. I am also checking Anandtech Forums to see if anybody has come up with this same issue. My Usb ram drives work but my iomega clik drive does not. I have three versions of Vista on two computers which all have the code 12. But not on the XP Versions. Might want to add that it may only be a Nvidia mainboard problem.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Old November 24th 07, 01:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
randy brander