Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)

Old November 24th 07, 04:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jehtro102677

Default Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)

Hello all,
New to the site and this forum but seem to be having a very similar
problem.

I'm getting a code 12, need resources error in Vista Business (see
specs below) however my problem is with my NICs. I have a dual boot
system as well, with XP Pro on the first disk and both NICs work fine
but not with Vista. Like most everyone here I started having this
problem after a recent update, however I've tried to uninstall all
updates that took place in the last two months with no success.

I've checked out anything I can on Microsoft's websites and not found
so much as a blurb about this problem (big surprise) and judging from
everyone here it seems to be a bug in an update of some sort. I've had
this install running for about 8 months with no problems up until a
couple weeks ago.

If anyone would have any suggestions I'm open to anything short of a
reinstall but that's the last resort.

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name JEFFREY-PC
System Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
System Model MS-7211
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz, 3400 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2
Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 1/13/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory E:\Windows
System Directory E:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16386"
User Name Jeffrey-PC\Jeffrey
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 1,533.94 MB
Available Physical Memory 933.82 MB
Total Virtual Memory 3.23 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.58 GB
Page File Space 1.79 GB
Page File E:\pagefile.sys

--
jehtro102677
Old November 25th 07, 02:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
khoult

Here's my system info if it helps MS figure out this annoying problem...

Motherboard: ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe
DRAM: 2G DDR800
Video: Dual Nvidia GeForce 7900 GT/GTO
Disk: Dual 320G ST33200620AS SATA disks Striped RAID

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, 3000 Mhz, 2
Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS M2N32-SLI DELUXE ACPI BIOS
Revision 1402, 10/25/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16386"
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 2,045.88 MB
Available Physical Memory 950.60 MB
Total Virtual Memory 4.21 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.80 GB
Page File Space 2.29 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Old November 25th 07, 04:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

Looks like the missing link is NVidia Chipset mainboards..

I bit the bullet and went the reinstall route, adding all windows
updates upto the begining of November (windows update won't connect
at the moment so can't list the outstanding ones, I think there's 3 or
4, including the Media Center update). Touch wood, we're so far all up
and running ok.

Does anyone have any contact details for someone at MS we can throw
this problem at?

Old November 25th 07, 07:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TwoBitMatt[_7_]

;3334241 Wrote:
Looks like the missing link is NVidia Chipset mainboards..

I bit the bullet and went the reinstall route, adding all windows
updates upto the begining of November (windows update won't connect
at the moment so can't list the outstanding ones, I think there's 3 or
4, including the Media Center update). Touch wood, we're so far all up
and running ok.

Does anyone have any contact details for someone at MS we can throw
this problem at?

I think it might be the nForce 650i chipset - does anyone have a 680i
chipset? I'm too cramped for time at the moment to look through all the
specs and compare at the moment, but it may be worth noting.

Beyond that, this seems to definitely be a Vista only problem, and it's
also only with people who made that single update.... how come Microsoft
hasn't gotten on the ball about this yet?

I can't manage the resources manually on this, and while I'm glad to
hear that MS hasn't bricked my USB host controller, doing a reformat is
definitely a last resort right now - backing up all my files became
impossible thanks to a clumsy girlfriend destroying my external hard
drive this week (not a good tech week).

By the way, you guys are awesome.

--
TwoBitMatt
TwoBitMatt's Profile:

http://forums.techarena.in

Old November 25th 07, 11:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TTopJohnson[_4_]

I'd like to post my system specs as well. How do I get a list like you
guys? Is there somewhere to go in Vista for it?

In the meanwhile, here are the basic specs from the company for my
laptop:

Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium
Display: 17" WXGA+ Widescreen (1400 x 900) with Diamond Brite
Technology, TFT Active Matrix LCD
Processor: AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-50 (512KB
L2 Cache, 1.6GHz)
Chipset: NVIDIA® C51D (Northbridge), NVIDIA® MCP51 (Southbridge)
Memory: 1GB DDRII 533 SDRAM, 2SO-DIMM Slot with 4GB maximum memory
Hard Disk Drive: 100GB SATA-150, 5400RPM, 9.5mm with secondary HDD
slot
Optical Drive: DVD-ROM/DVD+/-RW Double Layer Support (Maximum speed and
compatiblity 4X DVD+R DL, 4X DVD-R DL, 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 8X DVD+R,
8X DVD-R, 8X DVD-ROM, 16X CD-RW, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-ROM)
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 7600 with 256MB DDR2 Dedicated Video
Memory and Windows Vista™ Aero Glass support
Audio: Realtek ALC885 High-Definition Audio Codec with S/PDIF and 7.1
channel audio support (Analog: 24-Bits Max Resolution, 192kHz Max
Samping; Digital: 24-Bits Max Resolution, 192kHz Max Samping), Built-in
Array Microphone and Built-in Stereo Speakers (2.2W) with Subwoofer
(3W)
I/O Ports: (1) DVI-I output port, (1) S-Video output port, (3) USB 2.0
ports, (1) Microphone port, (1) Headphone port, (1) IEEE1394, (1) RJ-45
LAN port, (1) RJ-11 Modem port
Modem: (1) Soft Data/Fax Modem with SmartCP (V.92, 56kbps)
LAN: (1) NVIDIA® nFORCE®, 10/100/1000 Base-TX Ethernet
Wireless LAN: Built-in Atheros AR5005G Wireless Network Adapter
802.11b/g
Keyboard: 104-Key US Keyboard with Hot Keys Functions Dedicated Numeric
Keypad
Pointing Device: 2 Button Glide Pad with Integrated Vertical and
Horizontal Scroll Functions
Power Supply: 65 Watt ) Auto sensing external AC-DC Adapter
(100-240V~1.5A; 50-60Hz), 2-Prong US Power Cord
Battery: 6-Cell Lithium-Ion (11.1V, 4400mAh)
Measurements: 15.7” x 11.8” x 1.3 - 1.6” (L x W x H)
Weight: 8.45 lbs

--
TTopJohnson
TTopJohnson's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35479

Old November 26th 07, 01:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Elliott

I have a Nvidia 590SLI chipset, but it does seem to be Nvidia drivers. I've
also have a Nvidia graphics geForce 7 graphics card. The problem does appear
to be associated with Nvidia somewhere, most likely the motherboard drivers.

Let's try to narrow it, has everyone installed the Mobile Device Center
update??

Anyone who has recently purchase Vista can submit the problem by email to MS
Tech Support. Be sure to copy the url for these post and submit it to tech
support.

BTW: To TTopJohnson - Click on Accessories, Click on System Tools, Click on
System Information, Click on Edit, Click on Select All, Cliclk on Edit, Click
on Copy.

Old November 26th 07, 01:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Elliott

BTW: Nvidia has updates for both their motherboard & graphic boards. Neither
of which solves this problem. One glitch you might find, the graphic board
update on the Nividia website says its 175 but when you downloand and install
it, its 169. Found that the true 175 was on the graphics manufacturer website.

"akagiredsun1" wrote:

I'm suddenly having USB device issues, and upon closer examination, my
OpenHCD USB controller is now giving me a Code 12 (This device cannot find
enough free resources that it can use.)

The only major updates I've had recently was the last Windows Update. I've
tried removing the offender, and all my USB controllers and reinstalling
them, but it comes back with the same error.

I have the following as USB Controllers:
- Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
- Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)
- USB Mass Storage Device
- USB Root Hub

Any suggestions on how I can take care of this?

Old November 26th 07, 01:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TTopJohnson[_5_]

Thanks for the info Elliott. What is ironic is that I see, under System
Information-- Hardware Ressources-- IRQs -- IRQ 16, Standard
Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller, Status OK
Status ok, yeah right...

Sorry for the spam on specs. Here is the System Information:
OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DEEPTHOUGHT
System Manufacturer FIC
System Model XT5000T
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50, 1600 Mhz, 2
Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix 1.1A-4426-8A20, 2007-01-15
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale Canada
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16386"
User Name DeepThought\Simon
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 2*046,38 MB
Available Physical Memory 1,12 GB
Total Virtual Memory 4,21 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3,14 GB
Page File Space 2,29 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Old November 26th 07, 07:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
charsi[_4_]

the following is my note book configurations

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion dv6000 (RY610EA#ABV)
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50, 1600 Mhz, 2
Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.3B, 10/2/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16386"
User Name
Time Zone
Total Physical Memory 1,022.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 265.32 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.23 GB
Available Virtual Memory 804.16 MB
Page File Space 1.29 GB

--
charsi
charsi's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35436

Old November 26th 07, 02:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TwoBitMatt[_8_]

Here you guys go:

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name LUGH
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.60GHz, 2599 Mhz, 2
Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS P5N32-E SLI PLUS ACPI
BIOS Revision 0803, 7/26/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16386"
User Name Lugh\Matt
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 3,069.94 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.91 GB