Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)

Old November 17th 07, 11:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
akagiredsun1

Default Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)

I'm suddenly having USB device issues, and upon closer examination, my
OpenHCD USB controller is now giving me a Code 12 (This device cannot find
enough free resources that it can use.)

The only major updates I've had recently was the last Windows Update. I've
tried removing the offender, and all my USB controllers and reinstalling
them, but it comes back with the same error.

I have the following as USB Controllers:
- Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
- Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)
- USB Mass Storage Device
- USB Root Hub

Any suggestions on how I can take care of this?
Old November 18th 07, 06:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JoChLe

I am having the same issues.

Since downloading recent updates, cannot get kodak camera to connect to
comp.. no matter where I plug in..
checking devices.. Standard OpenHCD USB is giving me the same notification..
-drivers are coming back as up to date
-dual core/ 2gb/ vista home basic
-controllers:
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
USB Root Hub
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (showing problem)
(location-PCI bus 0, device 11, function 0)

-Error:This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code
12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other
devices on this system.

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and
to see if there is a solution available.

--I also cannot just restore to a previous point to remove the update.

-it may be worth noting, I udated the last 4-5 updates at once.. 941649 &
941600 showed as "failed to update".. but USB problem had alreadyappeared..
(941600 relates to USB issues)
attempted multiple times to add both through updater.. nope.
finally loaded one at a time through a download from microsoft.. but,
problem persists

---------------------------------------

Old November 19th 07, 02:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

I'm suddenly having USB device issues, and upon closer examination, my
OpenHCD USB controller is now giving me a Code 12 (This device cannot find
enough free resources that it can use.)

The only major updates I've had recently was the last Windows Update. I've
tried removing the offender, and all my USB controllers and reinstalling
them, but it comes back with the same error.

I have the following as USB Controllers:
- Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
- Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)
- USB Mass Storage Device
- USB Root Hub

Dropping a reply to highlight I'm having the same issue. Again, only
system change/install was a Vista update mid-late last week.

I'm running on a HP Pavillion DV9000z and my device listings are same
as OP. Tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling the HP nVidia
motherboard/chipset drivers and the install will find and install the
device and require a reboot. Upon rebooting, we're back to the same
issue.

-Brent P.
Old November 19th 07, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

Dropping a reply to highlight I'm having the same issue.

One thing to note, external Hard Drives still work such as my WD
Passport drive and my Sony Camcorder but I can't get my wired or
wireless USB mice to work.

-Brent P.

Old November 19th 07, 04:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ash

Just to add to the numbers, I have had the same problem. Spent last half day
trying to track it down abd believe that the following patch was the problem:

Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows Vista (KB941229)

Sound was disabled as were all my USB ports.

What do you think my chances are of billing Microsoft for the lost half day?

Old November 19th 07, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
David Hudson Floyd

I'm another one. Is MS going to release a patch fix or are we going
to have to hunt down the solution when someone writes it up?

"akagiredsun1" wrote:
I'm suddenly having USB device issues, and upon closer examination, my
OpenHCD USB controller is now giving me a Code 12 (This device cannot find
enough free resources that it can use.)

The only major updates I've had recently was the last Windows Update. I've
tried removing the offender, and all my USB controllers and reinstalling
them, but it comes back with the same error.

I have the following as USB Controllers:
- Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
- Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)
- USB Mass Storage Device
- USB Root Hub

Any suggestions on how I can take care of this?- Hide quoted text -

Old November 19th 07, 05:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
charsi

hey guys
same problem here ! i was working on my thesis and the next day cant
use the external mouse ! (after the stupid MS vista update)

so having a lot of trouble getting my way around the touchpad thing ,

anyway i came across another website and someone wrote ......

"Netman66:
You may need to manually assign the USB resources from within Device
Manager.

Either it's an IRQ problem or an IO problem.

We have this a lot on certain Dell laptops - because they weren't
designed for Vista or XP, only Windows 2000. Resources become a bit of
an issue at times.

Figure out where you can assign it resources that are available and set
them manually."

i have no clue wats he talking about ... but i tot maybe one of u
might know .... pls share if u get lucky

--
charsi
charsi's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35436

http://forums.techarena.in

Old November 19th 07, 05:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Geo

Another victim here... or similar behavior anyway. Here's my story...

In device manager there are 2 USB Controllers listed with an exclamation
point. When I try to re-install the drivers, I get this message:

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while
attempting to install it. "Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller".
The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an
application request....

The other one is "Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller", otherwise, same
error message.

The only way I can use the damn computer is to remote desktop in. Keyboard
and mouse (which are USB) aren't recognized. I'm on Vista Ultimate 32bit BTW.

When I boot with the DVD, both mouse and keyboard work. None of my system
restore points work. I get a cycle redundancy check error every time I try
to restore.

I'm not sure what to do now. Seeing other people with the same problem at
the same time makes me wonder if a fresh install will even fix this. Come on
MS, give us a bone here.

Old November 19th 07, 06:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Geo

I've been digging through updates as well and I found this one....

KB941600 - This article describes an update rollup that resolves some
reliability issues in the USB core components in Windows Vista. You will
achieve better reliability in various scenarios by installing this update.

I've removed all of the updates that were installed last week, but I still
can't install the drivers for the USB controllers. Windows just won't let
them install. I still get this error:

Old November 19th 07, 08:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
charsi[_2_]

team MS is winning and team Idiots who buy MS are losing !

wtf !

do their tech support guys even know about this problem or they have
been ignoring the flags ?