Old August 15th 09, 07:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
aoikani

Default TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA drive failure

Hello,

My name is Mike and I have a Compaq Presario F560US notebook PC w/Vista
Home Basic and my dvd drive does not work.

The device is recognized in Device Manager as TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H
ATA
I have used devcon stack gencdrom to examine filters and no high or low
filter is residing. I edited the registry according to Microsoft Support
and Help to remove the high and low filter. So that is how I removed the
filters. Only the low filter was still there. I did have Roxio software
but uninstalled because AVG required that is was removed or updated for
conflict issues.

Now that the filters are gone, and Roxio is gone. I still cannot access
my DVD ROM drive. The driver is correct and Microsoft "Fixit" confirmed
this. I have to access the drive manually to open the tray to remove a
CD/DVD disc.

How can I fix this?

--
aoikani