Old August 15th 09, 10:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard G. Harper

Default TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA drive failure

Sounds as if the drive is failing or has failed. Even if Vista did not see
it the door should open and close if it's getting power.

"aoikani" wrote in message

Hello,

My name is Mike and I have a Compaq Presario F560US notebook PC w/Vista
Home Basic and my dvd drive does not work.

The device is recognized in Device Manager as TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H
ATA
I have used devcon stack gencdrom to examine filters and no high or low
filter is residing. I edited the registry according to Microsoft Support
and Help to remove the high and low filter. So that is how I removed the
filters. Only the low filter was still there. I did have Roxio software
but uninstalled because AVG required that is was removed or updated for
conflict issues.

Now that the filters are gone, and Roxio is gone. I still cannot access
my DVD ROM drive. The driver is correct and Microsoft "Fixit" confirmed
this. I have to access the drive manually to open the tray to remove a
CD/DVD disc.

How can I fix this?

--
aoikani