Belkin F5D7050 Wireless G USB Adapter

Old November 20th 07, 09:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
cwinterb

Default Belkin F5D7050 Wireless G USB Adapter

Windows update offered me a driver update for the above device (it is based
on a Ralink chipset). I opted to download and install it. All seemed OK until
my PC asked for a restart, when it hung on the "Shutting Down" screen and I
eventually had to power it off.

The PC then refused to boot up. It went through the POST fine, through the
initial Vista boot-up screens, then, after a few seconds, the screen went
blank and it hung in this state until I pulled the wireless adapter, at which
point the boot continued OK. I assume it hung at the point it was trying to
load the network adapter drivers. Plugging the adapter back in after loggin
in it was recognised in Device Mgr, but would was dead to the world.

Windows Update reports:

Ralink - Networking - Belkin Wireless G USB Adapter

Installation date: ‎19/‎11/‎2007 22:49

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 800705B4

Update type: Optional

Ralink Networking software update released in October, 2007

More information:
http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20100777

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

Having rolled back to the old driver I have tried installing the latest
drivers from Belkin's website, and an alternative that they point to on
Ralink's site. Neither of those works either. They install, but the adapter
is not enabled. I've checked everything I can think of but have ended up
rolling back to the old driver for the time being.

Anyone seen similar issues?
Old November 21st 07, 10:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barb Bowman

Is it WORKING with this old driver now?

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Old November 21st 07, 12:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
cwinterb

Yes, it is working with the "old" driver.

I just wondered if anyone else had seen similar issues to me with the latest
F5D7050 drivers?

I want to know why two sets of updated drivers, one from Belkin and one from
Ralink, the latter installation attempted via Windows Update and via a
download from Ralink, both cause my system to lock up. Seems odd to me.

Cwinterb.

Old December 29th 07, 03:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Laura B

I am having a very similar problem with my belkin wireless adapter, says it's
installed, but just wont work and is stopping my system both shutting down
and starting up properly, I don't have any 'old' drivers to use, just the
setup disc that the adapter came with, all very confusing....

Old December 29th 07, 03:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barb Bowman

which Belkin adapter exactly?
was the setup disk specifically for Vista or was it for XP?

please post the text output of

ipconfig /all

run from a command prompt

can you look in the event log to see if there are errors?

Old January 22nd 08, 11:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
vista

i have a belkin wireless G USB Network Adaptor, will that work with windows
vista?
Old January 23rd 08, 01:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bjr

The adapter version is located on the bottom of the box. Version 4 works
with Vista X86 (32 bit)- I had it working on a Dell laptop with Vista
Business loaded. Version 5 works with both x86 and x64 vista (according
to the link below) - drivers are he
http://www.belkin.com/support/articl...=5381&scid=221

Old March 29th 09, 07:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
preethivik

Hi,
Having the same problem. I'm trying to install the belkin adapter on
my acer running vista premium 32 bit. Windows identifies the adpater as
Belkin and uses the ralink driver. I'll see if is can get the old driver
to work.
Thanks
Vikram

--
preethivik
Old April 12th 09, 01:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jonah[_2_]

Just reinstalled Fista, (still not sure i won't deletet the f@K!ing lot
and go back to XP, but that's a different story!)

During the reinstall, i inserted the Belkin instal disk (original) but
got a msg stating that i needed xp or lower. Went to the belkin website
to look for drivers/instal software.

You HAVE to use V5. It says it's for xp only, but is the only vista one
that works for instaling. Once installed, it will secretly updat to V6,
not V7 even when you try and do a hardware update.

All in all, it keeps dropping off every hour or so (intermittent fault
that apparently is very common with Belkin!!) or runs for 50+ hours with
no issues. I have not had a single startup/shutdown issue due to Belkin.

I will be upgrading to a wireless card that atcually works at some
point, but this wil do for now - unless anyone knows how to stop the
random disconects!!!!!

--
jonah
jonah's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/89325.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old April 12th 09, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

I suggest that you:
1. Disconnect the USB adapter
2. Boot the system normally.
3. Run WinUpdate to make sure that you have latest USB drivers and other
updates for your system
4. Boot/Restart.
5. Install the latest Vista 32 or 64 bit drivers from Belkin for your
adapter.
6. Boot/Restart
7. Reconnect your Belkin adapter and check in device manager to see if it
is using the drivers you got from Belkin. If not change drivers and point
to the correct ones.