Problems Printing from Outlook 2003

Old November 21st 07, 09:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alex

Default Problems Printing from Outlook 2003

When printing from Outlook 2003 I get multiple copies when only 1 copy is
requested, and they end up at the printer as form feed rather than
automatically selected from a tray.

I have been advised to uncheck the options of using Word 2003 under Tools,
Options, Mail Format to edit and read messages, which has fixed the multiple
copies and form feed issues, but this will now remove some of the
functionality I find useful, i.e. inserting hyperlinks in messages.

I think I need to find a printer driver, and I have one of our techy guys
looking for one. What would be your suggested solution?

Your help would be very much appreciated!
Thanks.
Old November 21st 07, 12:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Malke

Alex wrote:
When printing from Outlook 2003 I get multiple copies when only 1 copy is
requested, and they end up at the printer as form feed rather than
automatically selected from a tray.

I have been advised to uncheck the options of using Word 2003 under Tools,
Options, Mail Format to edit and read messages, which has fixed the multiple
copies and form feed issues, but this will now remove some of the
functionality I find useful, i.e. inserting hyperlinks in messages.

I think I need to find a printer driver, and I have one of our techy guys
looking for one. What would be your suggested solution?

You forgot to tell us what make/model printer you are using. In general,
go to the printer mftr.'s website and download/install the latest Vista
drivers for your make/model printer. If the printer mftr. did not write
drivers for Vista, replace the printer with one that will work with your
operating system

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Old November 21st 07, 12:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alex

Thanks Malke,

The printer is a Dell 5110cn. I think our techy guy has managed to download
the correct driver as things seem to be working now.

I'll get back to you if I'm still having problems later on.

Thanks again.