HP F380 printer drivers won't install!!

Old November 25th 07, 10:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Confused in UK

Default HP F380 printer drivers won't install!!

"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

This is a bit of a shot in the dark. Disconnect the printer, delete all
drivers and software for the printer. Restart Windows. Put the Vista DVD in
the drive. Run the add printer wizard. Select the HP F300 series. Select
File as the port at the appropriate time. Note that the printer should not
be attached to the computer. Shut dawn the computer to power off in the
usual way. Turn on the computer. When it has finished the startup, plug the
printer in. It should detect it and install it. Navigate to the printer on
the Printers list and check the port. Change to USB port if necessary. Try a
printer test.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"
wrote in message ...
I am trying to reinstall the printer and the device manager advises:
"The drivers for this de3vice are not installed (Code 28).
Windows found driver software for your device but encountered anerror
while
attempting to install it.
The rquired section was not found in the INF."
It would be great if someone could advise me what to do to install the
printer.
Ican be contacted at .

Old November 25th 07, 04:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

He certainly did write that but what do you want to write? s

Old November 26th 07, 11:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Confused in UK[_2_]

wrote in message ...
I am trying to reinstall the printer and the device manager advises:
"The drivers for this de3vice are not installed (Code 28).
Windows found driver software for your device but encountered anerror
while
attempting to install it.
The rquired section was not found in the INF."
It would be great if someone could advise me what to do to install the
printer.
Ican be contacted at .

Still confused, thanks Tom will try your suggestion and will give you some background info. as to why I am confused.

In April this year bought a new Compaq Presario laptop loaded with Vista
Home Premium. In June bought an HPF380 all-in-one, loaded the software from
the supplied DVD and everything worked well without problems.

In October I aquired (won it in a competition) a new Acer Aspire also with
Vista Home Premium, decided to use it instead of the Compaq. Everything went
well, wireless connection made, email account set-up etc.etc. until I tried
to connect it to the F380, I have tried everything I can think of at least
several times but the driver will not load with an error message coming up
telling me so.

I am in email contact with HP Support and have tried everything they have
suggested but the driver will still not load.

I know the F380 is not at fault because I still use it to write letters and
print via the Compaq but it would be nice if I could use the Acer for
everything.

What is happening?