Old September 19th 09, 10:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bblancha

Default Vista SP2 Router Problems

I just upgraded to SP2 and now my network response thru my Linksys
BEFSX41 router is terrible. Less than dial up modem speed for download
but upload is unaffected. Linksys had a new firmware update for this in
August 09 and I applied that. I ran a test and it appeared the download
speed was back to normal but after a few hours it is now back to 24k
download speed. If I connect directly to my PC without going thru the
router the network speed is fine. Since the router is 7 years old I
would get a new one, but I have little confidence in SP2 and I'm afraid
I might just have problems with something new. Are these router
problems common with SP2 and can someone recommend a model for a
wireless router that they have that works with SP2? I'll spend the $
for the latest and greatest if it will work.

--
bblancha