Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

werfault.exe and wermgr.exe causing 100% CPU

Old November 23rd 07, 11:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Jas

Default werfault.exe and wermgr.exe causing 100% CPU

Hi, does anyone expericencing the same problem?

Vista Business and Office 2007... After installed the updates on Office
2007 outlook stop working when I'm trying to send an email and close by
itself + the CPU always stay at 100% use and it's a dual core...

I verified in the taks manager and found the werfault.exe and wermgr.exe
working and causing the 100% CPU.

I stopped the Windows Error Reporting services and still doing the same
thing...

I did a virus scan and spyware scan but it's not that...

Any idea?

Thanks in advance...

Jason
Old November 23rd 07, 04:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Jas

Anyway, if it happens to someone I only had to go under help in outlook and
run the office diagnostics

Old January 4th 10, 02:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
costac19

Jas;533903 Wrote:
Hi, does anyone expericencing the same problem?

Vista Business and Office 2007... After installed the updates on
Office
2007 outlook stop working when I'm trying to send an email and close
by
itself + the CPU always stay at 100% use and it's a dual core...

I verified in the taks manager and found the werfault.exe and
wermgr.exe
working and causing the 100% CPU.

I stopped the Windows Error Reporting services and still doing the
same
thing...

I did a virus scan and spyware scan but it's not that...

Any idea?

Thanks in advance...

Jason

Hi Jason (coatac19) I am also having the same problem with Werfault.exe
and have tried to remedy the problem by disabling the process and
reducing its priority but to no avail! I am hoping that someone
from the forum may come up with a solution as at the moment I am having
to keep TaskManager open and then disable werfault whenever i see the
process starting!
A fellow sufferer

--
costac19

Old February 1st 10, 07:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
ramson

I have just started having the same problem!!?? i've stopped the WerFault.exe
process within the taskmanager but I have to keep doing it which is annoying
to say the least. Should I delete the program from its location? It is in
windows\system32\

.

Old May 2nd 10, 05:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
sdawilson

100% CPU utilisation happened to me after installing PC Tools on Vista.
I don’t know why, but I fixed it by disabling the service. Not
elegant, but effective.

To disable the Windows Error Reporting Service (WerSvc) using control
panel:

1. Open control panel.
2. Select "System & Maintenance"
3. Select "Administrative Tools"
4. Select "Services"
5. Right-Click "Windows Error Reporting Service"
6. Select "Properties"
7. In the "Service Status" Section Click [Stop]
8. Set "Startup type:" to "Manual" or if this is started by another
application select "Disabled"
9. Save and close the dialog boxes.

CPU utilisation returned to normal immediately.

--
sdawilson
sdawilson's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/215821.htm

http://forums.techarena.in