increase volume

Old November 24th 07, 04:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
baejor

Default increase volume

anyone know how i can increase the volume that my notebook plays back at? i
have an aspire 5050, have tried to download the new realtek drivers that i
was told about in a previous thread (but to no avail) and subsequently
reinstalled the original driver.

the windows master volume doesnt get loud enough, wmp doesnt get loud enough
if i adjust its sliders as well, and i have to use the old driver because the
new driver doesnt seem to give me the option of using my line in. audio from
the line in is pretty loud... that is what i want it to be like when i play a
dvd from my dvdrw drive.

any help is appreciated.
Old November 24th 07, 11:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bob J

I have a Aspire laptop and like you I found that the volume was very low and
after many hours of trying to fix, (drivers, tweaking volume setup, etc.) the
only way I solved the problem was to connect a set of external USB speakers
to boost the sound level, you need to realize that laptops speakers are quiet
small and output is low.
I have good volume now. Also a few of my friends had the same problem and
external speakers was the answer.

--
Regards
Bob J

Old November 24th 07, 12:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
baejor

that is what i thought woud be the case. after installing the realtek hd
audio driver (which gave me control of my line in volume) volume from that is
great. i can hear that on level 100 all over my house. i can hear windows
sounds on level 100 well, too. i hear that way more than i can hear a dvd.
i dont know if the problem is the speakers so much as the dvd player somehow.
i have some external speakers with an amplifier, though.
Old November 12th 08, 03:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
pclove

I fond the same issue to be very annoying. I found a hotfix for it.
Now my DVDs play at the same volume. 'Here it is.'
(http://support.microsoft.com/KB/944436)

'

Old October 23rd 09, 12:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
skatterbraine

i signed up just to post on this topic. this is complete crap. i have to
buy speakers? no. my laptop came with speakers. and it seems that
everyone, no matter what brand is having problems. check this. load an
mp3 into winamp. open the equalizer. boost the preamp level up up up!
guess what? i can hear my music now.... speakers not good enough. i say
neigh. windows not good enough. so that being said i'm now goin to
search for something that can do that to windows. a preamp boost? a
boost of any level seem like the solution.

--
skatterbraine