Vista Banter

-   Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/printing-faxing-scanning-vista/)
-   -   Printer disconected when not (http://www.vistabanter.com/87383-printer-disconected-when-not.html)

sil87 November 24th 07 09:56 AM

Printer disconected when not

I printed a document and then my HP Deskjet F300 series seemed to have a
problem. I restarted it, and now when I try to print again, the "documents on
queue" window, says that the printer is disconnected, when actually not.
I'm sorry for my English. I speak Spanish.
Thanks

Tom ferguson November 24th 07 12:31 PM

Printer disconected when not

Try removing the paper in the tray, check to make sure there is nothing
lodged in the paper path, replace the paper in the tray, reset the printer
and try printing again.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007
PS
Your English is much better than my Spanish.

huwyngr November 24th 07 04:00 PM

Printer disconected when not

If no suggestions work have a look for a thread entitled:

HP F380 printer drivers won't install!!

which includes replies posted today.

The F300 series are very bottom of the line and there are many reports
of problems getting them to work, or work consistently, under VISTA.

I posted some last-ditch suggestions today but the real answer is to
get a newer model guaranteed to work under VISTA and tomake sure your
version of VISTA will support the features that are important to you
since Home versions of VISTA donot include the Fax & Scan utility --
you will have to get a third party solution, which may come with the
device you choose.