Vista won't recognize my USB for camera or flash drive

Old November 24th 07, 03:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
abster45

Default Vista won't recognize my USB for camera or flash drive

Hi,

I have used my Vista system to download pictures from my camera ( Fuji
Finepix ) before, but now it is not working. When I plug the USB into
my laptop, it makes a little beep like it normally would when it
recognizes new hardware, but nothing comes up. I went into the My
Computer tab and it is not located there either. I recently tried to
use my USB flash drive and the same thing happened. Does anyone know
how to fix this??? Thank you!

--
abster45
abster45's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35827

http://forums.techarena.in

Old November 25th 07, 01:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BurrWalnut

This may work:
1. Unplug all USB devices except the mouse and keyboard (if you have them)
then boot Windows in Safe Mode (tap F8 at switch on).
2. Right-click Computer Properties Device Manager and look for
everything in the USB Devices or Universal Serial Bus Controllers category
then right-click and Delete them.
3. Restart the system normally and Windows will then re-install the USB
controllers. Plug in your USB device(s) and it/they should be recognised
properly.