Old October 17th 09, 01:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
danllrr

Default Destination folder access denied!

Running Windows Vista x64

I'm sure this has been posted many times before... I've tried
everything, though. I "reformatted" while protecting all my data...which
was left in a folder called "BACKUP". The contents of the folder is
Program Files, Program Files (x86), User, and WINDOWS. None of the files
are in use. I would like to delete it, as it is hogging 30gb. I have
tried taking ownership by right clicking and going to security,
selecting full ownership...I have also taken full ownership in cmd
prompt....I have tried this in Normal Windows as well as in Safe Mode
(all with administrator privileges). I've tried: rd filename /s in cmd
prompt, too....and it says "access denied". I have tried deleting
individual files, and can get some of them removed but not all of them.
Oh yeah, I also tried changing with WIC settings and allowing myself
WDAC privileges...but nothing....anything??? HELP!

--
danllrr