Old October 25th 09, 06:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
whiskyrox

Default mystery IDE storage controller and driver

As an update to those of you, like I, that found this post via a Google
search for "Random IDE Controller:"

I was in the middle of upgrading Vista Home Premium 32bit to Windows 7
when the installer told me I needed to update the drivers for my IDE
drive. Well, I don't have any IDE drives, and my IDE controller is
disabled in bios, so I found that strange. Looking in device manager,
under Storage Controllers I found an IDE controller with a strange 8
character name ADO4JJV IDE Controller. I deleted it, rebooted, and it
returned with another random 8 character name. I did some Google
searches & found out that it was actually created by Alcohol 120%. I
uninstalled Alcohol & viola! It was gone immediately.

So if you're having this problem, & you have Alcohol 120%, or Deamon
Tools installed just uninstall before upgrading to Windows 7 & you'll be
all set!

--
whiskyrox