Old November 10th 09, 04:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Dennis

Default Unknown Icon In Notification Area of Taskbar?

Curious, excuse me I got my reply to you wrong. The icon IS in the
notification area but there is no title or any indication of what it is for.
I have noticed that a similar icon with an "A" on it appears next to it when
my caps lock key is on so, maybe it has something to do with my keyboard.
Unfortunately, no information came with the keyboard.

"Curious" wrote in message
Go to Control Panel/notification area icons and determine what it is and
then you can turn it off if you want.

"Dennis" wrote in message
There is an untitled icon always present in the notification area of my
taskbar. This Icon appears to be a locked padlock with the number 9 on
it. When I pass my cursor over it no title or description appears and
nothing appears to happen when I right click, left click or double click
on it. I have searched the help files and browsed Windows Explorer
looking for a file with such an icon and have not found any. My hunch is
that icon must be related to some security feature. I am using McAfee
antivirus. If anyone could help identify this icon it sure would be
great.

Thanks,
Dennis