What is wrong with windows vista?

Old December 1st 07, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
James Matthews

Default What is wrong with windows vista?

Lets look at the big issues with windows xp!

1. All code that is run can be run in Kernel mode (Ring 0) that is like
leaving your front door open!

In vista!

You run as a limited user! Solved!!!

--

http://search.goldwatches.com/?Search=Movado+Watches
http://www.goldwatches.com/
"Man-wai Chang ToDie" wrote in message
Man-wai Chang ToDie wrote:
Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we
can resolve them!

You talking about 64-bit Vi$ta?

32-bit Vi$ta? Forget it... 32-bit XP is what all users always want.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.23.9

Old December 1st 07, 05:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
James Matthews

Correct! But do we have to remain in the dark ages because people won't
advance?

--

http://search.goldwatches.com/?Search=Movado+Watches
http://www.goldwatches.com/
http://www.jewelerslounge.com/
"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" wrote in message
Any operating system can be a problem if the neccessary reseach is not
done before deploying. This applies to Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac OS X.
Every new version of an OS certain to be disruptive in some way, either an
application or device will not work.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"James Matthews" wrote in message
hi,

I just don't understand what people's problem with windows vista is!
Everyone says it doesn't work with 3rd party applications.... well guess
who's fault that is! The company that made the app!

Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we can
resolve them!

Thanks
James
--

http://search.goldwatches.com/?Search=Movado+Watches
http://www.goldwatches.com/
http://www.jewelerslounge.com/

Old December 1st 07, 09:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
R10

Let's not ever think that it should have been Microsoft's responsibility to
ensure that hardware and/or programmes that worked just fine under Windows XP
would not work under their 'new' Vista operating system.

I have tried for 6 months to find resolves to issues with no success and
have finally decided to contact my 'new' computer supplier and find out what
is involved to get rid of Vista and run my 'new' computer with XP.

The last straw was losing my one and only user id's ability to have
Administator privileges required when I download one of Vista's updates.

"James Matthews" wrote:

hi,

I just don't understand what people's problem with windows vista is!
Everyone says it doesn't work with 3rd party applications.... well guess
who's fault that is! The company that made the app!

Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we can
resolve them!

Thanks
James
--

http://search.goldwatches.com/?Search=Movado+Watches
http://www.goldwatches.com/
http://www.jewelerslounge.com/

Old December 2nd 07, 12:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
Charlie Tame

James Matthews wrote:
Lets look at the big issues with windows xp!

1. All code that is run can be run in Kernel mode (Ring 0) that is like
leaving your front door open!

In vista!

You run as a limited user! Solved!!!

Except when Microsoft sneak updates in through the back door, same
problem as every, no?
Old December 2nd 07, 01:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
Paul Knudsen[_2_]

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:35:31 +0100, "James Matthews"
wrote:

I just don't understand what people's problem with windows vista is!
Everyone says it doesn't work with 3rd party applications.... well guess
who's fault that is! The company that made the app!

Well...to be fair...Vista did not exist when the wrote it.
Old December 2nd 07, 03:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
John Adams[_4_]

James Matthews wrote:
Lets look at the big issues with windows xp!

1. All code that is run can be run in Kernel mode (Ring 0) that is like
leaving your front door open!

In vista!

You run as a limited user! Solved!!!

Um, XP has that too. I've got a better solution. Use Windows as the toy
OS it was meant to be for running games etc. and use Linux for
everything else.
Old December 2nd 07, 03:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
John Adams[_4_]

Charlie Tame wrote:

Except when Microsoft sneak updates in through the back door, same
problem as every, no?

Not to mention that Windows OS also has a back door for that US
government spy agency.
Old December 2nd 07, 03:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
John Adams[_4_]

Paul Knudsen wrote:

Well...to be fair...Vista did not exist when the wrote it.

Yea, the onus is on Microsoft to make their OS compatible with the apps
we use. If I wanted a completely different incompatible OS I would have
bought a Mac.
Old December 2nd 07, 05:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
Man-wai Chang ToDie

Um, XP has that too. I've got a better solution. Use Windows as the toy
OS it was meant to be for running games etc. and use Linux for
everything else.

All Linux is need are games to really make it more popular

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.23.9
^ ^ 14:22:01 up 1 day 2:35 1 user load average: 1.26 1.58 1.57
? ? (CSSA):
Old December 2nd 07, 05:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
Frank[_15_]

John Adams wrote:

...Yea, the onus is on Microsoft to make their OS compatible with the apps
we use....

Don't make me laugh.
You're trying to put the cart in front of the horse.
Won't work.
Frank