What is wrong with windows vista?

Old December 27th 07, 11:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
Travis Crow

Default What is wrong with windows vista?

alexB wrote:
What is good about Linux? I do not want to be facetious, it is just a
question. I need some way out of my ignorance.

My totally uneducated opinion since I've never tried it but may one day
because I have a project, it that it is hacker free only because it
holds a tiny sector of the market, just over 0.5%. I saw a contrarian's
figure sometime in this forum that was much, much higher but that figure
was totally inflated.

Again, my question is: Is Linux safe only because nobody bothers writing
malware for it?

The short life and hard times of a Linux virus
http://librenix.com/?inode=21

+ it's quite a bonus not having to cross post to several groups to get
help ;-)
Old December 28th 07, 02:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
AlexB[_2_]

If you are talking to me or about me I am absolutely NEVER do it. It is not
a bonus, it is my style because I despise people who do it.

+ it's quite a bonus not having to cross post to several groups to get
help ;-)

Old December 30th 07, 06:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
teeat

the program is horrible, it take for ever eith that little cicrle, and
something is always running, My verizon security in not compatible and not
working, can not
login on to my verizon .net

"James Matthews" wrote:

hi,

I just don't understand what people's problem with windows vista is!
Everyone says it doesn't work with 3rd party applications.... well guess
who's fault that is! The company that made the app!

Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we can
resolve them!

Thanks
James
--

http://search.goldwatches.com/?Search=Movado+Watches
http://www.goldwatches.com/

Old December 31st 07, 05:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Have you verified with Horizon if they have a compatible version?
Have you asked Horizon about logon issues?
Horizon should be able to solve at least part of your problems.

If you have other problems, start a new thread in an appropriate
newsgroup and give details such as Clean Install of Windows Vista or
upgrade.
If upgrade, did you verify compatibility of all hardware and software
before beginning?
Hardware and software specifics.
Etc.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"teeat" wrote in message
the program is horrible, it take for ever eith that little cicrle,
and
something is always running, My verizon security in not compatible
and not
working, can not
login on to my verizon .net

Old December 31st 07, 06:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
Dustin Harper

Hey Jupiter... It's Verizon.

Horizon does the flying, Verizon... Well... They have good fiber service!

--
Dustin Harper

http://www.vistarip.com

"teeat" wrote in message
the program is horrible, it take for ever eith that little cicrle, and
something is always running, My verizon security in not compatible and
not
working, can not
login on to my verizon .net

Old December 31st 07, 10:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Dustin;
Yea, another not so little misspelling.
But I think the message is still clear enough.
Thank you for reminding me.
--

"Dustin Harper" wrote in message
Hey Jupiter... It's Verizon.

Horizon does the flying, Verizon... Well... They have good fiber
service!

--
Dustin Harper

http://www.vistarip.com

Old January 4th 08, 09:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
alexB

Just wait until Vienna comes out. The same people will be whining they want
Vista back and they hate Vienna.

If those guys enjoy XP so much they should play with it and shut up, go to
the XP group. XP is a distant memory for me already.

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote in message
John;
"Funny that Microsoft didn't give us all the same good advice"
It depends on where you look.
That and similar advice has been in these and other newsgroups for years
referring to various operating systems.
Also very similar to 6 years ago at the release of Windows XP.

The Upgrade Advisor probably identifies some or more of your incompatible
programs.
Of course as the name suggests, it is an advisor and no more.
The program manufacturers will also identify their compatible programs.
What did the Upgrade Advisor tell you before you started?
What did the program manufacturers tell you when you asked?

"I have no real need for Vista at all."
Return Windows Vista, easy within 45 days in North America.
Other regions may have different policies.
I certainly would not keep a product that "I have no real need for".

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"John Adams" wrote in message
.. .
Funny that Microsoft didn't give us all the same good advice when they
were hawking Vista. Why is that? And I did go back to XP. Vista I put on
a secondary PC and use it for paying bills and digital imaging and
nothing else. Between Linux and XP I have no real need for Vista at all.
Nor does anyone else for that matter.