What is wrong with windows vista?

Old November 30th 07, 11:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
James Matthews

Default What is wrong with windows vista?

hi,

I just don't understand what people's problem with windows vista is!
Everyone says it doesn't work with 3rd party applications.... well guess
who's fault that is! The company that made the app!

Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we can
resolve them!

Thanks
James
--

http://search.goldwatches.com/?Search=Movado+Watches
http://www.goldwatches.com/

Old November 30th 07, 12:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
Bill

Before I got my new system with Vista I knew what was not up dated by other
vendors and was prepared. Fro example I called HP about my HP printer and
they said they would not be issuing drivers for Vista. So go buy one. That
was an HP decision not MS. So I think that applied across the board

Now some people will tell you to go buy Mugabe software...now that is one
crazy piece of OS. A friend of mine tried it and after three days it still
would not install. The name alone should tell you to run like hell!

Bill

"James Matthews" wrote in message
hi,

I just don't understand what people's problem with windows vista is!
Everyone says it doesn't work with 3rd party applications.... well guess
who's fault that is! The company that made the app!

Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we can
resolve them!

Thanks
James
--

http://search.goldwatches.com/?Search=Movado+Watches
http://www.goldwatches.com/
http://www.jewelerslounge.com/

Old November 30th 07, 12:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
Man-wai Chang ToDie

Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we
can resolve them!

You talking about 64-bit Vi$ta?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.23.9
Old November 30th 07, 12:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Any operating system can be a problem if the neccessary reseach is not done
before deploying. This applies to Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac OS X. Every
new version of an OS certain to be disruptive in some way, either an
application or device will not work.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"James Matthews" wrote in message
hi,

I just don't understand what people's problem with windows vista is!
Everyone says it doesn't work with 3rd party applications.... well guess
who's fault that is! The company that made the app!

Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we can
resolve them!

Thanks
James
--

http://search.goldwatches.com/?Search=Movado+Watches
http://www.goldwatches.com/
http://www.jewelerslounge.com/

Old November 30th 07, 03:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
ray

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:35:31 +0100, James Matthews wrote:

hi,

I just don't understand what people's problem with windows vista is!
Everyone says it doesn't work with 3rd party applications.... well guess
who's fault that is! The company that made the app!

Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we can
resolve them!

Seems like the same argument MS folks used to advance about Linux and
bleeding edge hardware. People don't really care whose fault it is - they
want things to WORK.

Thanks
James

Old November 30th 07, 05:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
BENAGLIA

I have a laptop, a pc x64 and a x32 with Vista all I have had no problems at
all with my software or drivers. I connect to 7 different printers + 2 Hp
plotters and all function perfectly. Maybe I'm lucky or is that I was
patient enough to go and search for the right drivers! I also use 3
different scanners with no hassle. Work daily with Photoshop Cs, CorelDraw
Suite 12, Office 2007, Acrobat Read and other oldish software and have only
had problems with filters and add on's.
No operating system works perfectly off the shelf and at the begining even
Xp created hell with drivers and software. MS worked hard on Vista and I
find it definitely more stable and productive then any other operating
system.

AndyB

"James Matthews" ha scritto nel messaggio
hi,

I just don't understand what people's problem with windows vista is!
Everyone says it doesn't work with 3rd party applications.... well guess
who's fault that is! The company that made the app!

Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we can
resolve them!

Thanks
James
--

http://search.goldwatches.com/?Search=Movado+Watches
http://www.goldwatches.com/
http://www.jewelerslounge.com/

Old December 1st 07, 12:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
wschlichtman

I have to agree with the previous responses. Preparation is the key. If you
stil;l have a copy of the original XP laying around, load it up and install
the same hardware/software you had with Windows 3.1 (and don't load any new
drivers, etc.) Let's see if you have a different experience. I'm sure it was
a similar experience.

I'm sure the Leopard users would have similar issues, if they had enough
knowledge to even try to keep any software/harware from their old systems.

It's the nature of advancing the technology. I thank God there are problems.
I am 2nd/3rd-level tech support and I feed a family with money from
technology advancement. THANK YOU MICROSOFT! And you too, 3rd party vendors.

"James Matthews" wrote:

hi,

I just don't understand what people's problem with windows vista is!
Everyone says it doesn't work with 3rd party applications.... well guess
who's fault that is! The company that made the app!

Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we can
resolve them!

Thanks
James
--

http://search.goldwatches.com/?Search=Movado+Watches
http://www.goldwatches.com/
http://www.jewelerslounge.com/

Old December 1st 07, 01:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
Man-wai Chang ToDie

Man-wai Chang ToDie wrote:
Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we
can resolve them!

You talking about 64-bit Vi$ta?

32-bit Vi$ta? Forget it... 32-bit XP is what all users always want.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.23.9
^ ^ 10:33:01 up 3 days 17:28 3 users load average: 0.12 0.11 0.09
? ? (CSSA):
Old December 1st 07, 02:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
Frank[_15_]

Man-wai Chang ToDie wrote:
Man-wai Chang ToDie wrote:

Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we
can resolve them!

You talking about 64-bit Vi$ta?

32-bit Vi$ta? Forget it... 32-bit XP is what all users always want.

Hey Go-fung-yu..Vista 32 willa kicka your stupid arse all over the flace.
Flucka yu!
Flank
Old December 1st 07, 03:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

"all users always want."
Obviously a FALSE statement.
How can "all" users want one thing when many want something else?

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar