Vista Banter

-   -   HP Pavilion HDX Remote Not Working (http://www.vistabanter.com/88770-hp-pavilion-hdx-remote-not-working.html)

Sam November 30th 07 07:20 PM

HP Pavilion HDX Remote Not Working

Hi everyone,

I have an HP Pavilion HDX laptop running Vista 64-bit.

I've been trying to get the HP Remote Control
(http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/pro...rowse2/SDP_PDP)
to operate Media Center with no success. HP Tech Support are of no help.

Here are the symptoms:

1) The remote does turn on the laptop and does bring up the Media Center if
I press the appropriate key when the laptop is OFF.
2) When the laptop is on, none of the keys on the remote work.

I checked all the obvious things about services, the event log, etc but I'm
unable to get this remote to work with Vista.

Does anyone have any thoughts?